DragonFly Cobalt, AudioQuest's new flagship DAC, takes what music lovers around the world have come to expect from the multi-award-winning DragonFly family—naturally beautiful, seductive sound—and strips away fuzz and fog that weren't even noticeable until Cobalt removed them.
How is this possible? Like the critically acclaimed DragonFly Red, Cobalt has the robust 2.1-volt output to drive almost any headphone, uses a bit-perfect digital volume control for outstanding signal-to-noise ratio, enables seamless compatibility with Apple and Android devices, and is an exceptionally competent and affordable MQA Renderer.
- USB DAC + Preamp + Headphone Amp
- Dramatically Better Sound from MP3’s, YouTube, Etc.
- High-End Performance from High-Resolution and MQA & Master Files
- Best-ever DragonFly Processor, Headphone Amp, and Microcontroller
- Bit-Perfect Variable Output Drives Headphones , Powered Speakers, or Power Amp
- New, more advanced ESS ES9038Q2M DAC chip with a minimum-phase slow roll-off filter for more natural sound.
- Microchip's superb PIC32MX274 microprocessor draws less current and increases processing speed by 33%.
- Improved power-supply filtering that specifically increases immunity to WiFi, Bluetooth, and cellular noise.
- Includes a form-fitting DragonTail female USB-A to male USB-C Adaptor.