The Kiseki PurpleHeart N.S. phono cartridge is a true beauty in every sense. It is made of rare Purpleheart wood, which turns from brown to a golden purple in direct or indirect sunlight. It sports a boron cantilever the size of a human hair, and a diamond so small that it is difficult to see it, even with a magnifying glass. Though 30mm long, it weighs only 7 grams. Its edges are all right angles which make for easy setup. It is a truely amazing piece of equipment.
WHAT IS A N.S. CARTRIDGE?
Kiseki uses N.O.S. for New Old Style, and N.S. for “New Style”. It means for new 2013 designed cartridges, they use the newest technology and parts, but based as much as possible on the parts as used in the limited version of N.O.S. cartridges plus a new body. They have chosen for a shorter style body as that is easier to use with the arms currently on the market. The shape of the body is based on a design as already used by us in prior models. It is in fact a mix of the Kiseki body and the body of our MillTek high output MC cartridges. The N.S. cartridges are based on the same internal design, the same kind of parts as the N.O.S. cartridges, but all parts are current production.
- Body: PurpleHeart Wood, 30 mm long
- Cantilever: Solid Boron Rod: 0.3 mm diameter
- Stylus: 0.12 x 0.12 Nude line-contact diamond, mirror polished
- Stylus tip radius: 4 x 120 μm
- Vertical Tracking Angle (VTA): 20 degrees
- Coil: pure iron coil
- Weight: 7 grams
- Output voltage: 0.48mV at 5cm/s
- Internal impedance: 42 ohms
- Frequency response: 20 – 30,000Hz ± 1dB
- Channel balance: 0.2dB
- Channel Separation: 35dB at 1kHz
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at a tracking force of 2.6 grams: 80 μm
- Dynamic Compliance: 16 μm/mN
- Recommended loading: 400 ohms
- Recommend tracking force: 2.0 – 2.6 grams
- Optimum tracking force: 2.46 grams
- Recommended tone arm mass: Medium
- Optimum working temperature: 20 °C
- Break-in period: 50 – 100 hours