DragonFly Red, the more sophisticated sibling to the DragonFly Black, combines significantly improved performance with still exceptional value. The higher-performance ESS 9016 chip in the Red employs minimum-phase filtering for naturally detailed sound.
While DragonFly Black uses a high-quality headphone amp and analog volume control, DragonFly Red includes a more advanced ESS headphone amp and a bit-perfect digital volume control that resides on the 9016 DAC chip itself—a sophisticated implementation that gives Red a unique combination of power and grip over the music. DragonFly Black outputs 1.2 volts—enough power to successfully drive all preamplifier input circuits and a wide range of today’s efficient headphones. With its higher 2.1-volt output, DragonFly Red is compatible with a wider range of headphones, including power-hungry, low-efficiency models.
- USB DAC + Preamp + Headphone Amp
- USB Stick-Sized Digital-to-Analog Converter (ESS 9016 chip)
- High-Output (2.1V)
- Bit-perfect digital volume control
- Plays All Music Files: MP3 to High-Resolution
- Drives Headphones Directly
- Variable Output Drives Powered Speakers or Power Amp
- Fixed Output Feeds Preamp or Receiver
- Asynchronous Transfer Ensures Digital Timing Integrity