This little beast of a bass driver is capable of 16 mm linear excursion. You have to hear to believe how much punchy bass it can generate from a 2.8 L volume.
Custom-made spring suspension effectively isolates W5 from your desktop, improving midrange lucidity, airiness and distortion figures.
Walk around the speakers and you still get it all: Our miniature ambient tweeter features an excellent off-axis response.
For this reason, the W5 has an excellent polar diagram – which is crucial for breathtaking sound staging capabilities.
Premium class WBT Next Gen binding posts.
- Sensitivity: 83-86 dB / watt / m depending on frequency
- Nom. impedance: 4 ohms
- Weight: 3.5 kg / piece (speaker only)
- 5″ long throw (X-max = 9,25mm) bass driver, tuned to 50 Hz, no crossover
- 3″ widebander made to spec, 1st order high pass filter, unique electromechanical 8-cm parallel spiral resonator installed
- Internal wiring orientation-optimised silk-wrapped high-frequency stranded litz
- WBT NextGen binding posts
- Rear ambient tweeter
- 16-cm spiral resonator installed at widebander and bass driver
- Mundorf Silver-Gold-Oil capacitor for widebander, added Duelund Tinned Copper Foil 0.01 uF bypass capacitor
- 16-cm spiral resonator installed at widebander and bass driver both parallel and in series
- Harmonix RF-5700 tuning bases at widebander’s magnet
- Added proprietary acoustic phase linearisation network